Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat

Here's a lil F.F. about me. I love me some Halloween. I don't know what it is.  The crisp autumn air, the crinkle of leaves as you walk down the sidewalk, the long dark days. I dunno, but I dig it! It's the only Holiday that I really feel like you can decorate yourself and your house to the fullest. I'm not really into Christmas and Thanksgiving, I just want to decorate my stomach...with food. I have lil decor here and there for all the holidays but I love going all out for Halloween.  My mom has always been super crafty and hand made almost all of our costumes growing up so...cheers to Mom for passing it onto me!

We live in a Condo, so we get ZERO trick or treaters. I doubt if my neighbors even notice the lovely homemade skull and cross-bone wreath I made or my candy corn vases. Sigh...So I happily bombard my mother's house with all of my ideas. I think even she was kind of shocked how excited I was to transform her house into a witches den. 

The lovely Pinterest helped me in more ways than one this year. I made Coen's costume and I got a lot of decorating ideas. We took Coen out on Saturday for Witchery or something on Historic 25th street.  His costume was a big hit. People were stopping me to take pictures of him. Poor kid could hardly walk  in the thing, so I had to be on face-plant-protection-status at all times. He was adorable and I was feeling pretty damn pleased with myself. 









Today of course, he wanted nothing to do with the costume and instead cried and tried to pull it off and ate half of the marshmallows. LOL. Kids...they like to keep you on your toes I tell ya.  He was THE cutest lil cup of Hot Cocoa you've ever seen in your life and I'm glad that at least on Saturday he participated and we got a few pics.

I however, had a friggin blast getting all dressed up with my mom and hubby while Coen proudly paraded around the house with a sticky marshmallow face and no costume ha ha.


Me and Mom on our awesome porch:



Snacks we made for scary movie night



The kids can't have all the fun right? Here's me and the Dark Knight aka My husband :)






These eyelashes weighed about 900 lbs each.  I can now officially lift a refrigerator with my eyelids!



Happy Halloween Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment