Monday, November 7, 2011

That's some grown up woman shit...

I've grown up a lot in just a few short years and I hope I continue to grow. Newsflash: If you're going to be a wife or a mother...you've got some growing up to do! You may think you're grown when you're single but you're not. In order to take care of another person (husband or child) and do it right, you've got to be on 'grown-ass-woman" status.  You've got to put another persons needs ahead of your own. You've got to make sacrifices. Change your priorities.

I've never been one to stand still for too long. Call it boredom or ADD but I think it's all about personal progress. Keep moving forward toward the things you want. Turns out the things I wanted most were love and a family of my own. But I wanted to do it the "right" way. Marriage first...baby second. My actions did not necessarily reflect that but deep down that's what I wanted. I've take a few steps backward in my journey but hey, that's life. All of my mistakes, trials and tribulations have made me who I am today.I am not just a baby mama. Which I thought for awhile, I would be.  At some point we have to grow up. The only way to do that is to step back and look at your life and see where it is really going.  Ask yourself, "Where am I going to be in 5 years?" Or even 1 year?" Are you going anywhere with your life? Or are you still shaking your ass at the club trying to be cute? 

 I am not a college graduate. I do not have a big house or a fancy car but these things could never make me happy the way my family does. My family is priceless. I'm at a point in my life where I am just satisfied. I appreciate the things that I already have. Whatever I'm striving for now is to better my family. It's not just selfishness. I am so happy with where I am today. I don't feel like that lost little girl anymore. I feel like a proud, strong, beautiful woman.


Warning: Adult content


No comments:

Post a Comment