Sunday, December 18, 2011

My lil bundle of rolls

My son is 2 months old today! Man...time flies when you're a mom. If I were just staying at home by myself i'm pretty sure i'd be bored out of my mind by now but, with a baby...it's work. I'm by no means Susie-homemaker. For some odd reason I thought I would be. I thought I will have the house clean everyday, dinner on the table and a sweet quiet baby that just smiles and coos all day.

Mmm, not so much.

Most of the time my son is crying because he wants to be held, there are dishes scattered everywhere throughout the house because i'm rushing a quick bite whenever I can and seeing as how my arms are full of baby I don't have time to put it in the sink.  Dinner doesn't get made or even thought about until my husband comes home and can hold the baby and half the day I'm i'm breastfeeding or trying to catch up on sleep. It's exhausting. Kudos to single moms! I'm so happy I have my hubby come home and give me a few minutes to myself.  I love being a mom, don't get me wrong. But everybody needs a few minutes a day for themselves.

Anyhoo

My son is starting to smile now. Man! What a beautiful thing! It lights up my entire day. He coos and kind of laughs and kicks his little feet out when he's happy. He was pretty scowly for the first little while so I wasn't sure he was a happy baby.  Even after he got his first shots he managed some smiles for me. (Probably so I wouldn't punch the nurse in the face!) He is on the shorter side but he's doubled his weight! All rolls! LOL. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment