Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Christmas

Christmas is not one of my favorite holidays. We spend too much, People drink to much, families come together irritated and broke and try to get along...and then you throw snow into the equation. No bueno. I've always loved Thanksgiving. Come together eat, pass out...go home. I don't even have a tree. I decorate my fireplace. I may continue to do that as long as I have a fireplace. Why waste a perfectly good tree or take up space (that I don't have) with a fake one? I'm still debating on lying to my kids about a jolly fat guy coming down the chimney and leaving them presents. I was raised on Santa but my Daddy also told me "nothing in life is free." People aren't normally prone to just giving you stuff because you were "good" or "nice."  Dang! I'm evil huh? Like I said I haven't decided on that yet. I don't want to "lie" to my kids and then have their little fantasy ripped away when they find out the truth. There has got to be a creative way to have Christmas without Santa and without dashing my child's dreams. Eh...i'm working on it.

Well Merry Christmas to all you broke folk that spent to much on crap that you don't need and that are working overtime to pay their bills. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment