Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crappy New Year!

I don't know why I hate New Years. It could have something to do with having to remember to change the last digit of the date or how excited everybody gets to "change" their lives suddenly. OR maybe it's because good things never seem to happen for me at the start of a New Year. January's suck for me. 2009 I went to Jail (don't ask) and 2010 I got in a wreck on the freeway and thought I was going to die. I'm going to avoid going anywhere this year in January.  Call me superstitious, but the past 2 years I've stayed at home for the New Year and it has been great. I'm not much of a "partier" anymore and I'd like to avoid ending up in the ICU for getting hit by a drunk driver on NYE.

Anyhoo

Every year my husband and I make a list of " things to do in the new year." This year I have a baby so a lot of my "things" are based around him. My friend and I are going to run a Marathon in May! Yikes! I haven't done a single aerobic based anything since I gave birth. Luckily I have dropped all the weight (Thank-you breastfeeding!) but I'm pretty sure my lungs are going to fall out if I don't get in some sort of shape. I started school today! Even though it's just online, it was a bit overwhelming. I need to get it done though. My husband is going to have his Bachelor's by this spring and then onto his Master's this fall and I do NOT want to be the Mom saying " I wish I finished school" when i'm 40. I'd rather do it now while my lil ones are lil.

I don't really believe in resolutions so I won't make any. But I will promise to try to be a good mom (As good as I can possibly be) and a good wife and celebrate another year of life with my family and people that love me. I will be thankful for everything that I have and remember that there a lot of things that I have that others don't.

Skip making changes. I'm going to appreciate the things that I wouldn't change!


No comments:

Post a Comment