Friday, July 26, 2013

Reunion

So 10 years ago, I graduated high-school and literally moonwalked my ass across that stage and promised I would never look back...well, alas...10 years later I guess I will be mingling with a bunch of people I see everyday on Facebook and asking them how they are (even though I already know LOL) I promised my friends we'd go together, so....we're going. Ticket is bought and paid for. I grew up in Ogden, Utah, which for those of you that don't know, it's kind of the ghetto of Utah (aside from West Valley). Half of the people I grew up with are meth heads, in prison, or have way too many kids to try to even leave the house or are entirely too broke to pay for the dinner so only like 30 of us are showing up to this thing. It's dinner at the Timbermine (a fancy steakhouse) and I've never been so there's that incentive. I'm gonna be a big ass round ball of pregnant so I really don't give a damn who got fat, and who got bald cuz i'm not gonna be looking like Halle Berry myself.

I can't believe it has been 10 years. It makes me realize how much can change in just 5 years. I've had  2 different lives already since graduating. It makes high-school really not seem all that bad when I look at what I went through afterwards. They rebuilt my school into something unrecognizable and actually pretty nice for Ogden, so I'm going to go and check it out on Friday and then on Saturday is a picnic and dinner.  I'm a pretty nostalgic/sentimental person so of course i'll go. I damn sure aint going to the 20 year....Aint nobody got time for that! LOL

I've come a damn long way since highschool. I had hooooorrible acne, I had no fashion sense, I was not my more assertive self and I kind of let people walk all over me. I could slap myself. But I guess that's how it goes. I can't really say i'm doing much now...I didn't invent post-its (please tell me you know this movie) I'm still in friggin college but whatever. I'm busy being a mama at the ripe age of 28. I didn't have kids before I was 18 and waited to find a good man before I got married. I feel pretty damn good about it. Hopefully in 10 years I'm working for a newspaper or magazine or something, I'll have a 12 year old and a 10 year old and will have been married for 13 years and we'll be traveling and being friggin awesome LOL.

I'll add some old ugly pics of myself to this later along with pics from the actual reunion.


No comments:

Post a Comment