Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sucky self realizations

So I'm a terrible person. I've come to realize a horrible dick-headed thing that I do....
blurt out other people's good news! 

Man, I never noticed until today. It has happened on several occasions.

1. When my brother-in-law announced he had gotten married

Mid announcement I'm like..."did you guys finally get married?"

Yep-I'm that guy (or girl rather)

2. When my other brother-in-law announced that he and his wife were pregnant. 

I'm not quite sure how I fucked that one up but I know that I did. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten...

3. When  brother-in-law from situation #1 announced they were now pregnant.

I proudly proclaimed I knew it as he was announcing it. Yea...fucked up his good news twice.  He probably officially hates my guts. 

I hate myself a little. I mean what a dick move. Let them have their moment of glory! That's what I wish I had told myself before I blurted their shit out. 

I guess that's how you know you're a semi adult. You realize you're an asshole sometimes and should probably Shutup once in awhile.

I'm definitely working on it. 

I did apologize to my brother-in-law and his wife tonight but the damage is irreversible at this point. I seriously feel sick about it. My stomach hurts. 

So if I ever have any incling about something going on with you and you're about to make an announcement about it just let me know in a quiet corner somewhere cuz I will probably ruin your proud moment. 

*sigh* I'm ashamed 😔

No comments:

Post a Comment