Monday, July 14, 2014

5 Years

It has been 5 wonderful years since I sat up til 6 in the morning talking to Mike in the street at my parents house. I didn't know it then but I was falling in love with him right then and there. It wasn't until the next day that I felt it. I still remember that day like it was yesterday because that is the day that my life changed. That was the day that I took a good long look at myself and my life and realized I wanted more. I knew that more included Mike. He was no longer that cute kid I crushed on when I 14. He was a man ( a handsome, kind, intelligent one) looking for the same things I was and I knew I had to to come back home to be with him.

Today is the 5th anniversary of my leaving Arizona. I quit both of my jobs, left my best friend and my skiddish past behind. I was done partying and dating. I wanted to have a relationship. I hadn't been excited about anything or anyone for such a long time. Did I want to come back to Utah? Hell no... Mike was here so that's where I wanted to be. A 15 hour drive in a Uhaul with my Car hitched in back and I was home.

We've been together ever since.

I can't believe 5 years has passed already. A marriage and 2 kids later and I still get butterflies from him.

I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment