Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yellowstone

For my birthday my dear sweet husband gifted me with a vacation to Yellowstone. It's been on my bucket list. We left late Wednesday night. We decided to stay up after our 11pm soccer game and just make the drive. I didn't think Mike could hang pulling an all nighter, but we picked up a few energy drinks and had a fun little drive. We watched the sun come up. The boys were troopers and slept pretty much the entire way.

We were pretty exhausted when we arrived at 9am and we couldn't check in until 11 so we got some breakfast, some coffee and headed into Yellowstone. What a beautiful place! Trees, upon trees, upon trees. The first few minutes in we saw a bull elk grazing. It looked like a friggin post card. There were Bison just chillin in the street and lots of little squirrels and Moose. It just looked so picturesque. Almost untouched by man. The little hot pots were cool. Old Faithful was alright, not as cool as I imagine, but worth the visit. We saw some of the biggest waterfalls I've ever seen. I mean like straight out of a movie! In utah we have these cute little trickley, cascading waterfalls...this was like a 600 ft drop waterfall. Absolutely beautiful. The grand Canyon of Yellowstone was pretty breathtaking too. I've never been to the Grand Canyon so this is the next best thing.

We camped in a little KOA for a few nights. It had a cute little pool and they served breakfast and dinner everynight. I had some of the best Salmon ever. We roasted Marshmallows, read and sang songs around the campfire.

The last day we went to BearWorld. We were going to drive up to Boiling River near North Entrance Yellowstone, but the kids were pretty sick of being in carseats by that point so we left and arrived at Bearworld around 1 pm. We had paid for a bearcub feeding at 5pm and we couldn't reschedule so we ended up chillin there for 4 hours. I definitely saw enough of bearworld for the rest of my life. It was cool to see bears up close and personal but it definitely reminded me of the possum place in A Goofy Movie. Coen loved the petting zoo and riding the 4 rides over and over. After about an hour we were hot and ready to be home.

Overall it was a great trip. Nice to have some quality alone time with each other in a new setting. We will definitely go back.

I'll post lots of pics later....



No comments:

Post a Comment