Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

It was my first Mothers day today but lets face it, that changes nothing. Dishes still needed to be done, clothes washed, diapers changed. So I did it.  There really are no "days-off" from motherhood.  I let Mike sleep in because he was tired and enjoyed the morning with Coen.  Mike bought me the book Born To Run, which i'm dying to read but probably will have to wait til the end of this semester to start. We went to my aunt's house to celebrate with my family. We printed some pictures of Coen for my mom. At my aun'ts we had all kinds of crafts to do. We played games, made lil sleep masks and planted flowers.  Then we went to see Mike's mom and we brought her a Hibiscus plant for her garden. It was a nice quiet, relaxing day.

The pictures we gave to our mamas:


Someday he will have a neck! :)


The end of the day was bittersweet for me....

A few weeks ago my co-worker Brian was up at the Weber River taking family pictures when his son slipped and fell into the current and drowned. It had been 3 weeks and they still couldn't locate his body. They had a memorial for him on Saturday and finally yesterday they found him. He was only 4 years old.

I've never wanted to hold my son so tight. It just makes you realize that anything can happen at any time.  Everybody is saying "OMG,why'd they have him by the river?" Umm...haven't u been by a river with your parents before? I'd fish with my parents at about the same age. Accidents happen. It's so sad and so terrifying all at the same time. Remember the plastic bubble I was telling you about? I want one now more than ever.

I'm just glad that now they can finally put him to rest and not have this gnawing feeling in the back of their mind.

RIP Corbin Anderson.

1 comment:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete