Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Born Day

"Dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh....You say it's your birthday! Dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh...It's my birthday too!"
(Name that movie!)

I am 27 today. Doesn't feel too different since I"ve been saying i'm 27 for that past month anyway. I was a little sad this year. I'm not sure why. Birthdays and New Years just remind me of time passed that you can never have back and I get this uncontrollable depression. I got over it though once Mike came home. I was just feeling lonely and let my thoughts take over me. What can I say..sometimes I get weird.

Yesterday I went to Adobo's with my parents and reaffirmed my love for Puerto Rican Food. I came home and at midnight Mike showered me with gifts. A new backpack for all of my school crap, lots of goodies to snack on (because I never eat) and the best part...Tickets to see AL Green on July 27th!! Woooot! Can't wait for that.

Today (early in the day) I went to Layton Surf N Swim with Coen and some friends. Coen was loving it. The water was so warm and it was relaxing for me.Then we went home and took a bath and waited for Mike to get home. When Mike got home we went to the Drive-In to see Snow White and The Huntsman and That's My Boy. Coen was a saint. It was a good day and I'm really just feeling blessed to have made it through another year of life.

I am grateful for so many things.I am grateful for our little condo that we have turned into our little home. I'm grateful for school and being able to go back. I"m grateful to friends that are teaching me new things (Making cakes) and pushing me to keep myself healthy (5k races.) I'm am grateful for my family, for parents I can actually enjoy talking to. For siblings that are growing up and making me feel even older :) I'm grateful to have a wonderful, loving man to come home to everyday. That loves me unconditionally. Love me when i'm ugly, when i'm pretty, when i'm sick, when I haven't showered, when I am not loveable, when i'm mad for no reason at all; a man that doesn't have baby mamas; that I can trust and hang out with every single day and still miss him when he's gone for 5 minutes. Also for a beautiful little boy that just lights up when I come into the room (I'd like to think its me and not the milk), is so content and happy and smart and makes me feel like i'm a better person than I really am. I want nothing more than to spend my day with these amazing people that make every day that I'm alive, feel special.


Rockin my new birthday hat
Dinner with my papa
Raspberries on Coens cheeks
(headin to surf n swim)

My "everyday" gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment