Sunday, June 17, 2012

I am your Fahja...

Daddy's day! I am such a Daddy's girl, but it's not my fault...I was actually born on Father's Day. My hubby also got to celebrate this year. (Although I did get him a drill last year...) I got Mike some relaxing stuff. A bath book caddy thing and a legit bath pillow (we've popped about 4 of them from the dollar store). He has adopted my habit of taking baths to unwind and he likes to read at the same time, so this was perfect.



We BBQ'd with my Father-in-law in the afternoon and then took my Dad to eat for dinner. I've been dying to take my dad to this Puerto Rican restaurant called Adobos, but it's an hour away. Well, I"ve been craving it and so has Mike so we figured what better time? We all win! Well since we live in the lovely state of Utah...it was friggin closed. I was crushed. Well we went to Good Wood instead (delicious BBQ that isn't ridiculously overpriced). We promised to get together at Adobos the next day for Father's Day/Birthday celebration.My Dad has truly shaped me into the person I am today. He has made me strong. I made him a card with a bunch of sweet memories I have of us together.
Dad,
You taught me how to tie my shoes, to ride a bike,about jazz and blues. You gave me boxing lessons in the kitchen and cooking lessons too. You scared away all the boys and made the street lights a sign of curfew. You taught me how to shoot a basketball and perfected my golf swing. You tolerated my tattoos and piercings and even my nose ring. You were patient when I learned how to drive and laughed when I got suspended from school.You told me I'd be fine, when I packed and moved away. You reminded me that I could always come home and I'd have a place to stay. You listened to me cry when things didn't go so well. You tell me to stay strong, move on and tell everybody else to "go to hell." :)  You watched me fall in love, become a wife and a mom and the time between visits seems like too long, But no matter what I'm doing or how old I get; I' will never too busy...to tell you thank-you and that I love you and that  I'll always be your lil Chrissy! Happy Father's Day Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment