Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th

I remember when I was a kid, 4th of July was so magical. You get to stay out past dark and light things on fire! Now that i'm all growed up I realize...you are literally just setting your money on fire. Fireworks ain't cheap and the thrill lasts for about 4.9 seconds. This was Coen's first year seeing fireworks and he wasn't all that impressed. He actually fell asleep in the middle of it. I figure we have another few years before he even cares...that should save us some dough. This was my first year lighting fireworks by myself. I know...i'm 27 years old...wth? Well I've always had this looming fear that I would blow my face off so I've avoided the lighting part. My husband actually got hit in the head with a lit firework last year. It exploded and shot toward my husband. He had burns! This proves that my fear is not irrational. I guess my sister has had this same fear because it was also her first year lighting fireworks. Better safe than sorry! We all gathered at my parent's house and BBQ'd and burned our money lit fireworks :)

My niece Ari, photobombing

My big sis

My youngest, craziest niece Caedynce. That mark on her forehead is
from head butting the cement.....








My soon-to-be Brother-in-Law Jeff


Jeff and his Pops



Coen seeing fireworks for the first time...




...not impressed....

Daddy wasn't impressed with me taking all kinds of pictures :)


Me and my sis, hoping we don't blow our faces off


Sparkler time!






Everything is burned up...time to head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment