Saturday, July 14, 2012

Semi-Anniversary


Mike and I celebrate our unofficial anniversary before our wedding anniversary every year. We usually just go out to dinner. We think of our wedding as something that kind of happened in the middle of our relationship...which originally started July 14, 2009 when I moved back to Utah. We met up again in June but it was officially "on" when I moved back. There is no way I could even remember the actual day we met when we were kids...which was probably June or July 1999.

This year, for our 3rd "anniversary" we went out to eat BBQ at this new spot I heard of called Soul and Bones BBQ in my hometown Ogden. Nice dim lighting, art on the brick walls and live music. The food was sooooo good. I felt like I wasn't even in Utah anymore. We had Turtle Soup to start (Yes, actual Turtle, and yes I ate that shit up!) and OMG...it was the bomb.com. Then we had fish called Hake served over greens and black beans. So, so good. It was pretty damn expensive. ($71 bucks!) But, it was worth it. We had a nice little evening. Coen even sat in a little booster chair all by himself like a big boy.  Afterwards we took a walk. It was a gray but warm night. Perfect for a little walk.  I love our little traditions. 




Coen accidentally took this one when we got home...


3rd Anniversary...



No comments:

Post a Comment