Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Confession

I got my IUD out on Friday! Holy shit, I know! I can hardly believe I did it either.  It's a lil early,  but when I was scheduling the appt for Oct
my nurse said "Well I have an opening on Friday..."
Me: "that's earlier than we planned."
Nurse "What's a month when you're trying to make a baby?"
Me: "I guess that's true."

(sidenote: my Dr. retired and I've been seeing this nurse practitioner at the same clinic whom I love bc she keeps it real!)

I asked Mike if I should schedule it and he said, "Yea...we were gonna try in a month anyway..."
I guess shit just got real! LOL. I was a lil  anxious about it. I mean now I could be pregnant in a day, a week, a month. It's crazy but it's what we want. I talked to my mom about it and she said..."you're never ready, but you will be once they get here." I believe it. I thought I was prepared for Coen but I had no idea what was to come really.  Trust and believe, you are never prepared for a baby and what comes with it. Read all the books you want, talk to other moms, get advice, watch the tv shows....you aint prepared.

Mike and I both want 3 kids, but have decided that we may stop at 2. Or...pause at 2 and think about what's best for us at that point. Which was probably to stop at 1 :) (j/k!)

Yes, we live in 2 bdrm condo but once #2 is here we'll talk about moving...if we need to. I love our place. We have a lot of memories there. We are able to spend less on the house and use the $ to play. I figure baby will be in the bassinet for a few months and Coen will be almost 2 by the time he/she pops out and he will be in a big boy bed leaving the crib open for use. I shared a room until I was 16 and Mike did until he was 18. As a teen it's a bit tortuous but as a 3 yr old...I think he can handle it. We won't go that long anyway.

Anyhow...we'll see how long until I have news. It took 7 months for Coen!  I'm still bf'ing and I heard that can delay things...which is fine. My nurse assured me that I was fertile bc I've still had a monthly while bf'ng and having the IUD. She said most people stop having one while bf'ng or using the IUD so...I guess we'll see. (P.S. Sorry if that's gross or if you're some dude reading this...)

Ready or not.....here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment