Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Co-Sleeping

We didn't plan on having our son sleep with us, but it just kind of happened. *GASP! I know, I know...I've heard it all, but it is what it is. Sometimes that's the only way we can get more than 30 mins of sleep at a time. This kid is a snuggle bug, But he's only 3 months. He's still just small enough that I'm not trying to kick him out yet. Plus, I'm breastfeeding. So at 3am, when i'm plucking his hungry crying face out of his bassinet and I only have one eye open and just enough energy to lay down and pop my boob in his mouth...sleep happens.  Conscious sleep...if that makes any sense. The kind where you're asleep enough to get rest, but awake enough to keep burping your baby. I'm not driving a car on this kind of sleep...but my son does all the work when its time to eat...so i'm taking advantage. Go ahead and rant all you want about it...I actually kind of love it! One day he's not going to want to snuggle with us anymore...I'm soaking him up now while I can!









Source: drmomma.org via Krick on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment