Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Curse you FaceBook!

I'm really starting to loathe Facebook. I find myself mindlessly scrolling through the usual pompous, self-righteous status updates, political stances and self modeled posy pictures and I feel myself dying a little inside.  I most definitely could be doing something more productive with my day than looking at everybody elses lives. I should be cleaning my house, or playing with my son or reading a book....doing my damn homework. I think i'm going to deactivate for the month of March and see what a difference it makes in my life. I will miss words-with-friends though. :( oh well...I made a hanging scrabble board for my house. I should start using it.

I actually said to my husband, "Why is everybody always modeling on Facebook?" They take a picture of themselves every time they go anywhere or do anything and it always in the same stance?" (Hand on hip, Camera above the head)

And he said, "You used to do the same thing!"

Me: ".........................." (Shamed, stunned and disappointed)

PROOF:






Seeing this for myself makes my feel pretty sheepish,  hypocritical and silly. I don't know why I thought I was so important or extra glamorous these particular days. I haven't found myself doing this as of late and I wonder what sparked the change. I guess there are things in my life more important than me these days. Most of the pictures I post are of my son or my husband. I guess its rare that i'm even dressed or picture worthy and I don't exactly feel "supah sexy." But i'm ok with that. Maybe I'll start posting pictures of myself with my whispies everywhere, in my sweats with no bra on and zit cream on my face.  Keep it extra real! LOL

No Facebook challenge??....I'll keep you updated on what I decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment