Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Confession

I did it. I finally did something mindless and stupid that probably gave me a few premature gray hairs. 

YESTERDAY I LOCKED COEN IN THE CAR WITH MY KEYS!

My friend and I have started training for our 5K and we met up at the walkway for our weekly run.  Let me just briefly say this; it takes every ounce of my being to get my ass out of bed and go anywhere. It takes me double the time to get ready for a half hour trip. It hardly seems worth it. This is my scope of thinking when I usually decide, "eff it, we're not going!"  I've vowed not to be lazy, so...I got up and rushed over. Sleepy-eyed and annoyed (at my own laziness really) I got out of the car, opened the back door, locked the doors, and started gathering my stuff to put in the stroller.  I started  talking and not paying attention when I put my keys in the diaper bag and then shut the door. As tired as I was...I snapped to life, I realizing  immediately what I had done.  I'm not sure if its possible for me to be pale, but I could feel all of the color leave my cheeks and I started to panic! "Oh my God, Oh my God!" is all I could say. My friend is like "What? What's wrong?" Somehow I managed to say "doors locked...keys in...baby!"

Well luckily her hubby works at a car dealership and she called him up and they sent out their locksmith. He was there in about 10 minutes. It felt like 10 hours! I kept looking at him through the back window and he must have thought I was playing peek-a-boo or something because he was just smiling and laughing. I felt horrible. Luckily it wasn't a 90 degree day and the guy showed up quickly.  I'm sure I could have called the police and they would've opened it for me but what kind of questions would have been raised? Me and the po-pos have never been chummy. Note to self:  get a spare key made!

Sadly, I feel that this is only the beginning of my idiotic endeavors as a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment