Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine

So today is Valentine's Day. I'll admit I did not always enjoy it. Not that I hated it, but when you're single...seeing everybody else having someone thinking of them (even if just for one day) was kind of depressing. I'd always work and people would be like "Why are you working today? Who's your valentine?" and i'd be like "I'm my valentine, now Shut-up sucka!" LOL But now I have my Love and for me...everyday is Valentines Day. We  just try to keep it simple. My husband and I make chocolate covered strawberries every year and we make each other cards. I could not make a card this year because...I have my hands full. But I did make him some "Bacon Roses" and lunch. (see my Doin it Myself section for pics and tutorial link) I went to the store to get my supplies for our strawberries and I realized...they charge an arm and a leg for stuff for V-day when you could just make it yourself for half the price. I saw a box of 4 chocolate covered strawberries for $8. I paid $12 for chocolate, strawberries and  I even got a box of No-Bake cheesecake (Ready-made cheesecake is so delicious...but SOOOO expensive). So...if you don't want to spend a gang of money I will show you how to do it yourself.


Strawberries 2 for $4, Chocolate Almond Bark, $5
(already owned non-stick pan and parchment paper)

First you wash your strawberries in cold water

Then you dry them thoroughly with a paper towel

Melt the chocolate in a non-stick pan on LOW heat
Stir continuously  to keep from burning and hardening
grab the strawberry by the...husk(?) and dip in chocolate


Place on parchment paper
Let cool and harden

You can stop there and enjoy or...
Optional
Remove "husk"
Dip undipped end into chocolate
Let cool.. and enjoy
(We ate some) But this is the final result :)
Place leftovers in the fridge...MMMM

$3 
Not the prettiest but...delicious none-the-less!

Double your pleasure :)

My Day

Daddy stole us some Balloons :)

"Bah LOOOON!"

My lil Love Machine!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bacon-Roses/
Bacon Roses I made for hubby

Took a walk with my boys


My favorite part of Valentine's Day is seeing my husband's cards. 
This cartoon version of himself cracks me up!

2012 Card/CD

This is the CD Jacket

1. Strawberry Letter 23-The Brothers Johnson

2. I think we're alone now-Tommy James & The Shondells

3. I Found You- Alabama Shakes

4. Early in the morning-James Vincent McMorrow

5. Remember the Time-Michael Jackson

6. Strings-Young the Giant

7. I've got a name-Jim Croce

8. Sailin Away-Anthony Hamilton

9, A lover like you-Avett Brothers

10. ThankYou-Boys II Men


2011 Card (he he!)


2010 Card

No comments:

Post a Comment