Monday, February 27, 2012

Snot Face

Well i'm officially feeling like shit. I knew it would hit me sooner or later. I thought by some miracle that breastfeeding would be my savior. I figure since I'm a factory of immunity that I must be getting a little of that goodness in my veins as well as passing onto my son via breast-milk...right? Wrong. We're both friggin sick.  One of the shittiest things about being sick, for me, is that I NEVER blow my nose. I don't know if I picked up this revolting habit as a child but I just suck all that crap back up into my face and wonder why i'm not getting any better.

For my son though, this is his first bout with any kind of illness and it has not been fun. He's breathing and coughing like he smokes 30 packs of Marlboro's a day. The bulb syringe aka Snot Sucker...literally sucks. That thing gets nothing out of him. Plus, along with all the infants of the world since the thing was invented...he hates it. He doesn't have much control of his hands yet, but he sure knows how to swat that thing away from his face. I've got Vicks on his chest and feet and the humidifier on blast. He still wakes up happy and smiling, so I guess it really bothers me more than it bothers him.

And i'm also really glad that he hasn't noticed that I've been plopping him in his swing for a few hours a day because I do not have to patience to occupy him or figure out what he screaming about. At least, not while i'm sick.

My grandmother has given me all the secret "cure-all" natural remedies passed down through the ages, which I have yet to try because they all sound pretty crazy.  She told me to drink hot water with garlic. (Wonder if hubby will enjoy that one?),  gargle with apple-cider vinegar, and squirt breast-milk up mine and my son's noses. Mmmm...Decisions, decisions. LOL...I may very well try them. Can't hurt right?

I have been drinking lots of tea and trying to blow my nose often. I'm afraid to breathe around here. I feel like i'm infecting the entire house. Both of my guys like to snuggle and be close, so I gotta get over this thing quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment