Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Confession

I have not left my son with anybody except for Mike since he was born. It's never more than 2-3 hours and then i'm back. Frantically inspecting him and making sure all fingers and toes are in tact and that his eyeballs haven't fallen out or that he hasn't miraculously grown an extra arm...

 Well...we've decided we need some much needed Mommy and Daddy time. Time to feel like two irresponsible adults that can stay out as late as they want (Probably more like midnight) and listen to unnecessarily loud music. April 3, Young the Giant is having a show in Salt Lake and I really really wanted to go. So after dropping several subtle hints...Mike bought the tickets. We asked his mom to babysit and so it's all set.



3, 2, 1....FrEaK oUt!!

What if Coen screams the whole time?

What if he won't eat? Or sleep? Or is scared?

What if he decides to do a back-flip off the couch or the dog eats his face off?

These are real rational fears people!

The show starts at 6:30 so I'm thinking we won't be home til about midnight or later.  I'm sure he'll be fine, but that's a long time  for us to be apart.  And if he's not happy that's gonna suck for Mike's mom.  It may be 6+ hours of hell. I know it's time for us to do this. I mean...he is 5 months old. We've got to be able to leave him with a babysitter once in awhile. I'm just not mentally prepared. I'm not sure he is either. But we're gonna give it a go.  We need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment