Thursday, April 5, 2012

Snuggle Smothering

I am a little claustrophobic I'll admit. I can't sleep in a sleeping bag. I can't hug people for too long. I don't like to wear a shirt too tight and sometimes I don't wear my seatbelt. I hate the feeling of being trapped. I got trapped in a laundry shoot when I was a kid and I don't think I've been the same since.

I used to think I was a snuggler. But I guess I'm not. I will snuggle for a full 3 minutes...then usually roll over or scoot away. Well my husband and my son are snugglers. So much so that at the end of the night, I usually end up falling off the bed. My knees are in my chest and I'm holding on to the side of the bed with all of my might.

Since I get up frequently to feed the baby, my husband "sleep searches" for me in the middle of the night and ends up on "my side of the bed." (Lets just be honest here: There is no "my side." If I go around to the other side...same thing happens) So usually I'll just roll him over and get back in bed. Sometimes I bring the baby with me so he can eat and then I fall back to sleep. My son also searches for me. (Thus the reason he won't sleep in the crib the entire night)

So I have these two wonderfully loving snuggle bugs that just want to be close to me and although I love the fact that they want to be near....I get no sleep! LOL

I'm starting to realize that I may never sleep again. I don't know why I'm still holding on so tightly to the notion. I love sleep! But I guess as long as my loves are getting sleep while "snuggle smothering me to death"...than I'm ok with it! 

...exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment