Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Confession

Once Coen turns one we are going to start trying for another baby. Sounds crazy, I know but we have this plan. Be done by 30 (me 30). That means if we want to have 3 kids we have but a few short years to pop them out :).  I'm in mommy-mode right now and I know once Coen is putting on his own shoes and socks and picking out his own clothes and feeding himself and entertaining himself...it's all going to be too easy (easy in comparison to a newborn) and I'm not going to want to start over. This means that by the time he's 2, he will have a sibling and I'll still be in mommy-mode.  It is by no means an easy thing. Newborn months are definitely the hardest. Once Coen hit 4 months things started to get a little easier. He slept longer, he could be left alone in his jumper, I could shower.  The first few months with a toddler and a newborn will probably be hard but....I think I can handle it.

A lot of people I know have 1 kid and they're like, "Oh man, I don't know if I want another one." So it feels crazy to be the only one thinking...yea...lets have another one. But I think of how my life would be without my brother and sister and it just wouldn't be the same. Cousins and Friends are not the same as a brother or sister.  After #2 we'll see how many more we want to have...if any. But right now we definitely want another one. My son lights up my life. He's taught me a lot about myself and I get to show him everything the world has to offer. It's a beautiful thing.

So for now I will enjoy my precious lil guy and once he turns 1...we will begin our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment